Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

RPG

In case you just want to borrow it, Broomhill library have the VHS and central have the DVD. Others might have it too, the library catalogue is linked to from the sheffield government homepage

IS a creepy film though the ending section goes on too long and there are a few too many cheesy moments (the stable scene for one). It was as if they didn't really know how to finish it.

Originally posted by Damon

You'd have to include 'Tales From A Hard City', the documentary about 4 Sheffield 'dreamers' (for which read 'mad people') made in 1994 - it's chokingly funny, though makes Sheffield look like a city of deluded nutters. And maybe it is.

Occasionally appears on late night Channel 4. It will make your jaw hit the floor and your sides will split.

Apologies to anyone on this forum who might actually be one of the 4 main people in the movie. Especially if you're the actor who can't drive who tries to get a sponsored car from Skoda.

**** I REMEMBER THAT REMEMBER THE MAD BALD GUY FROM THE WYBOURN PS NOT SHOUTING BUT FORGOT TO TAKE CAPS LOCK OFF:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks for the links :thumbsup: will definately be buying it, although I may have to pluck up the courage to watch it again. Probably the most terrifying and upsetting piece of drama I have ever seen. and being filmed in Sheffield, even more poignant.

(there are new sealed videos for sale on Amazon - can't post link cos I am a newbie :blush: )

years ago i borrowed it from the video library at surrey street. if it's not there now it's nowt to do with me 'cos i took it back in 1989!

i watched it one depressing afternoon at kelvin flats. the day before i watched "when the wind blows".

nowadays i stick to norman wisdom.

by the way i once saw barry hines at a bus stop at broomhill. i was too shy to strike up a conversation about "kes", but i did once enjoy his talk on threads at the anvil in 1986.

Archived