Sheffield film 'Threads' - Megathread.

RPG

Just sat and watched threads tonnight for the first time in 15 years. Absolutely cracking and its definately very well made film, if a little dated.

Pretty weird looking at sheffield how it looked in the 1970's too.

If anyone would like to watch it, just drop me a pm.

Al x

• 3 weeks later...

At the time that 'Threads' was made (1984) people seeing it were justifiably frightened of what could happen in the event of a nuclear war... In October of 1962, 22 years earlier, many people who knew what could happen, were at that time almost certain that it would happen!. To avoid it, it needed the Russians to back down and agree to American demands and given the state of the Cold War at the time and previous experiences of russian aggression, this didn't seem in the least likely to a lot of people...

For details see... http://library.thinkquest.org/11046/days/index.html

During the latter part of my school years we read the book, "When the Wind Blows".

Basically it was an account of a couple who held out after a nuclear attack. The story was very graphic about the man and his wife showing symptoms of radiation poisoning and eventually leading them to die.

Then this bloody film came out showing a nuclear bomb going off over Sheffield. I lost of sense of worth there and then, I thought it was ineviatable that we were soon to be blown away.:loopy:

I still think it affects me now. Anyone know a good psychologist

:help:

Archived