What will happen to Thailand?

Just watching a show on BBC2 and it's raising questions of what may happen to Thailand when the King dies.

Does anyone have an opinion or insight on the ramifications of the Kimgs death, will there be a shift in the cultural tolerance, or will the vacuum be filled by someone who recognises the value of the tourism/sex/drug destination it has become??

What is so 'special' about Thailand ? - why do so many Westerners go there ? - same could be applied to Africa.

Personally, I wouldn't dare go over there. Rather stay in Europe or America (or parts of the Middle East).

What is so 'special' about Thailand ? - why do so many Westerners go there ? - same could be applied to Africa.

Personally, I wouldn't dare go over there. Rather stay in Europe or America (or parts of the Middle East).

what an exciting life you must lead

because if you go out of your safe western bubble you will see a whole new world what europe just does not have to offer. Thailand was great but i feel the package holidays are probably going to kill it,but im sure the surrounding countries will take over the more laid back travel holiday

Archived