Gym near/not too far from SHU

zzajb

To work? :P going to uni no work for me!

No seriously, thanks for the advice I just read some old threads (probably should have searched before posting) about those types of gyms in and around sheffield. I wanted one pretty close to SHU so I could walk, but I could easily tram somewhere not too far away from the city campus.

thanks again.

Ah well, have you looked at the uni gym? I believe the gym at Collegiate's been redone since I was there but that didnt have anything you'd want anyway, although there is a seriously good gym there which some sports teams might get access to if you plan on playing anything? If not the uni gym down at Pond St(?) has got most things, def proper bar bel and dumb bells, squat rack, cant remember pullup or dip but would expect them to be there. Drop an email to sport hallam and they'll let you know. It gets busy at certain hours but I used to go 7-9am and it was fine then so will depend on your schedule.

Thanks guys that is really useful! I do realise that these groups are run by volunteers, but I think waiting 2 months for a reply to a training email is a bit much. I had wanted to get the training as a pressie for my sons 16th which has now been and gone - but I will try these suggestions we dont mind going a bit further a field if need be

• 1 month later...

Archived