I've been ripped off, what can I do?

I swapped an item on here a few months back, it's only recently i needed the item so tried it out, it doesn't work.

I'm not gonna chase it up though as it's been so long, an why would the other party believe i'd not used it and knackered it in the mean time.

If you need to borrow a tent, pm me. I have a couple, including a large-ish family type with a stand up central cooking/sitting area and two separate side 'bedrooms' which might suit your needs.

Not too big when packed up and easy to assemble.

So good to know there is some good people. Good on you. Hope you (Deb) get the holiday you deserve.

Hi, thanks for the replies. I know it's my own fault and should've checked properly. I just didn't expect him to rip me off. I did say to him it could've been an oversight on his part. I'm sure when packing he would've seen it. He could've emailed but didn't. I will be more careful in future. That's the lesson I've learnt from this. Thank you very much Conrad for the offer of a loan. I'll pm you. It's nice that people are actually bothered or interested.

thanks again all xx

i think the OP needs to think very carefully before accusing someone publicly of ripping them off and naming them.

especially after 3 months have passed.

the seller may have been forgetful or he may have been dishonest but it was the buyers responsibility to check what they bought in a reasonable timeframe.

3 months later. forget it .

try buying something in a shop and then going back 3 months later to say a part was missing. you would be laughed out of the door.

Archived