I've been ripped off, what can I do?

i think the OP needs to think very carefully before accusing someone publicly of ripping them off and naming them.

especially after 3 months have passed.

the seller may have been forgetful or he may have been dishonest but it was the buyers responsibility to check what they bought in a reasonable timeframe.

3 months later. forget it .

try buying something in a shop and then going back 3 months later to say a part was missing. you would be laughed out of the door.

So its ok to get ripped off by a forum member?....

Nice....

Please indicate what area you are implying...

Im a noob....

Naming-and-shaming is specifically not allowed.

There are times when we all feel it should be, but the crux of the matter is that if you accuse me of being a crook on this forum, it isn't just you that I can sue for damages. It's the owner as well. Now you might be willing to risk a lawsuit - you might even know that I really am a crook and I'd lose - but why on earth would the owner take that risk based on nothing more than your word?

Consequently there's a blanket ban on such things, which certainly includes this thread.

So its ok to get ripped off by a forum member?....

Nice....

is it being ripped off if you buy something, then are too bloody stupid to check what you bought for 3 whole months?

if you bought it and checked day after then got told to do one then maybe its a rip off. but after 3 months dont be so daft.

Naming-and-shaming is specifically not allowed.

There are times when we all feel it should be, but the crux of the matter is that if you accuse me of being a crook on this forum, it isn't just you that I can sue for damages. It's the owner as well. Now you might be willing to risk a lawsuit - you might even know that I really am a crook and I'd lose - but why on earth would the owner take that risk based on nothing more than your word?

Consequently there's a blanket ban on such things, which certainly includes this thread.

Thank-you HN...

In my experience the owners of fora' where this is likely to happen, or introduce a debate culture which may incite this type of action register themselves abroad, go daddy comes to mind, the censorship of such issues, for me anyway, rather defeats the existence of forums per se...?

is it being ripped off if you buy something, then are too bloody stupid to check what you bought for 3 whole months?

Yes. It is.

If you buy something and don't get what you were told you would get, you were ripped off. Possibly by accident, possibly on purpose.

How long it takes to find out makes no difference to that. It makes a huge difference to the chances of the seller making good on his mistake, if it was indeed an accident; after three months he probably doesn't remember the details.

Of course, if it was a deliberate rip-off, the seller wouldn't make good anyway.

if you bought it and checked day after then got told to do one then maybe its a rip off. but after 3 months dont be so daft.

That is a tad harsh, the OP gave some very legitimate reasons as to why checking it was low down their priority list.

you cant be ripped off by accident.

to accuse being ripped off implies the seller did something on purpose.

if the seller did it by accident its not a rip off. and the buyer should accept the fault was theirs for not checking what they bought.

That is a tad harsh, the OP gave some very legitimate reasons as to why checking it was low down their priority list.

the OP does.

there used to be a poster on a wall where i used to work.

lack of planning on your part

does not constitute an emergency on mine.

ie. the op's very valid reasons dont mean a thing to the seller. he has his own priorities right now.

maybe in a month or two when he has unpacked all his boxes and bags he may come accross the tent cover. but until that happens he is in no rush

the OP basically said.

i took my time to open the bag.

when i got round to it i called the seller.

he was really busy, far to busy to deal with it right now.

i Was RIPPED OFF.

get real.

Archived