I've been ripped off, what can I do?

The OP did not have chance to check the quality of the goods for the reasons stated...

Yes, i know about buyer beware and all that nonsense, however the seller must have known the goods were "not fit for purpose" and MUST offer a refund...

I am surprised that a great forum such as this with so many contentious threads has not taken legal advice regarding the prospects of being sued....

Because if they had..................

What makes you think they haven't? There are documented cases of other forums being shut down over such issues.

The fact of the matter is on this though is that it wouldn't get as far as court. SF is a relatively large local forum, but the site owner could never afford the legal costs to defend such an action. Part of the deal of not getting sued would involve SF being closed. No one wants that, so no naming and shaming is allowed, as well as lots of other things mentioned in the rules. They've not stopped the forum from striving so far.

Do you mean "thriving?" This doesn't appear to make sense. Or if you really did mean striving, could you explain?

I did mean that yes. This is what happens when you watch a documentary on TV and post at the same time. :blush:

Hi all. I won't be naming and shaming. It was my own fault for trusting him on his word . As I said it could've been an oversight, I had other important things occupying my time and checking the tent wasn't a priority. Sh*t happens. We all put things off for lots of reasons. I don't think I'm on my own with that one. As for buying from a shop I have taken items back for lots of reasons, missing parts being one. I have not been laughed out of the store.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: to have a successful for sale section on a forum, a feed back forum is a MUST. That is why the sale section on here doesn't work. And with the no naming and shaming bs, the admins here are just deluded.

Many hobby forums have a feedback forum, the system is proven to work.

While there are people successfully ripped off, while the seller continues to do it. It doesn't work.

It may not work the way you think it should, but that's an irrelevance. You don't run the forum.

It works the way the forum owners want it to. Ergo, it works.

Archived