I've been ripped off, what can I do?

i think the OP needs to think very carefully before accusing someone publicly of ripping them off and naming them.

especially after 3 months have passed.

the seller may have been forgetful or he may have been dishonest but it was the buyers responsibility to check what they bought in a reasonable timeframe.

3 months later. forget it .

try buying something in a shop and then going back 3 months later to say a part was missing. you would be laughed out of the door.

You protest too loudly, me thinks :suspect:

You protest too loudly, me thinks :suspect:

i think i am the only voice of reason in this thread.

the OP did something stupid. she bought something and didnt check it for 3 months. her own silly fault.

she then decides that because the seller is currently to busy to look for the parts that its no longer her fault but his for being dishonest.

other people then want to name, shame, why not hang him!

potentially he did nothing wrong. yet people are really quick to blame him.

when you make a purchase privately before you hand over cash its your own responsibility to check your getting what you pay for. you turn on a mobile phone to see it works. you test drive a car etc. if you dont then any failure is your own fault not the seller.

the OP did something stupid. she bought something and didnt check it for 3 months. her own silly fault.

she then decides that because the seller is currently to busy to look for the parts that its no longer her fault but his for being dishonest.

when you make a purchase privately before you hand over cash its your own responsibility to check your getting what you pay for. you turn on a mobile phone to see it works. you test drive a car etc. if you dont then any failure is your own fault not the seller.

I agree with the majority of what you're saying, my point against you previously was that the childish name calling was not needed, it still isn't. The last thing the OP needs now is to be told she's stupid as she trusted someone and hasn't had time to check things for herself.

The seller did in this case do something wrong, if he hasn't included all the equipment, and that is what has happened, how has he potentially done nothing wrong? The OP should have checked, the seller has other circumstances going on to prevent them looking at the moment, if it is resolved at a later date that will be too late for the OP's holiday. The majority of people are helping with that, even offering their own tents, its a shame not everyone is playing nice.

The OP has accepted she should have checked the goods earlier, but then again... the seller should have checked the goods before he sold them. The initial responsibility is with the seller to ensure that the goods he is selling are fit for sale.

Why are some folk quoting the 3 months gap between receipt and inspection, it's not illegal? I ordered a pair of hiking boots from a reputable dealer, in the interim I bought a pair of boots on offer at CCC. When the other boots arrived I put them in a cupboard and forgot all about them for a year. When I remembered them I tried them on and found them to be too small, I phoned the company and they offered to replace them with a larger size, and to send them postage free, I obviously accepted and will use this excellent company again.

Archived