Disgusting people that spit

When I were a lad....

The buses and trams had painted signs "SPITTING PROHIBITED". Do they need to come back?

I remember signs like that on the buses when I was a lad. 'Spitting prohibited - Fine £2!'

it has not gone un noticed by my good self that a lot of young ladies seem to have acquired this habit. Vile

I suppose when (more) people chewed tobacco spitting was fairly common, but nowadays - even if you've got a mouthful - surely it's possible to swallow it?

The noises that some people make when they're trying to regurgitate something to spit up make them sound as if they're trying to suck the chrome off a car bumper!:hihi:

I don't know about spitting, but you've certainly got quite a filthy gob yourself. :roll:

so if you see some one spit what would you think and say

Oooo thats not very nice spitting on the floor for a lovely young lady that you are HHMMMM some how dont think so ........

Must be from S5 lol.

Funny (not) s5 is a very large area, take a look on google or something.

i live in the s5 area im 30 years old, buying our own home, (that is not, and never been a council house) so just think b4 you speak, :rant: over!

now, back to the topic.

I hate people spitting. it makes me want to vomit. And 2 clear your nose as well, ive seen it done and its most revolting. Why do they even need 2 do it? :gag:

I used to go in a particular pub, and some people would spit regularly on the floor in the beer garden, disgusting, even worse considering one of them was a member of staff :gag:

I have spat in the grass a couple of times when I got a fly in my mouth while out on my bike, but it still feels wrong, I don't like doing it.

I remember seeing (somewhere in the UK) an older pub with spitoons. - Like a fairly wide copper gutter between the foot-rail and the bar.

I suppose when chewing tobacco was fairly common, spitoons in pubs were common, too.

Unless of course it was a 'spit and sawdust' pub.

I remember seeing (somewhere in the UK) an older pub with spitoons. - Like a fairly wide copper gutter between the foot-rail and the bar.

I suppose when chewing tobacco was fairly common, spitoons in pubs were common, too.

Unless of course it was a 'spit and sawdust' pub.

I think these 'gutter's' were actually urinals.

Archived