Chinese theme park being built in Rother Valley country park

Maybe, but most, if not all development has some compromises somewhere. There are plenty of green areas in and around Sheffield and South Yorkshire, if it did actually encroach on 'their' habitat.

Nothing would ever 'move forward' if every persons objections were adhered to.

The Bittern has very precise needs in terms of habitat. A theme park does not.

As does the Bearded Tit and the Short Eared Owl. Well said taxman.:thumbsup:

Have you seen a Short eared owl on the site then Manofstrad ?. I haven't been lucky enough despite walkign through there regularly at different times of the day. I am seeing an increasing number of Buzzards though.

Regards

Quickpest.

Hi Quickpest,

Not seen any Short-Eared Owls myself but have read that they have been seen on the site so i will keep on looking, have seen the Bearded Tits on there also was lucky enough to see two Cettis Warbler in the same binocular view

Hi Quickpest,

Not seen any Short-Eared Owls myself but have read that they have been seen on the site so i will keep on looking, have seen the Bearded Tits on there also was lucky enough to see two Cettis Warbler in the same binocular view

There used to be Long Eared Owls there a few years ago but I've never managed to see them.