Chinese theme park being built in Rother Valley country park

Hi Quickpest,

Not seen any Short-Eared Owls myself but have read that they have been seen on the site so i will keep on looking, have seen the Bearded Tits on there also was lucky enough to see two Cettis Warbler in the same binocular view

There used to be Long Eared Owls there a few years ago but I've never managed to see them.

Thanks for that you two. I've been through there today with the dogs. I saw a coupel of lads fishing on one of teh ponds on the pit house west site and they were doing really well.

I've heard Tawny Owls calling there as well, both in the early mornings and in the evening and loads of bats catching midges over the ponds...not sure what species they are though.

Regards

Quickpest

Have you seen a Short eared owl on the site then Manofstrad ?. I haven't been lucky enough despite walkign through there regularly at different times of the day. I am seeing an increasing number of Buzzards though.

Regards

Quickpest.

Hello Quickpest

No I haven't seen one there personally but a good frind of mine has. I was luck enough to see the Bearded Tits when the snow was on the ground and a Water rail on the "Bittern Pool". It is a pretty special place IMO. :)

Hello Quickpest

No I haven't seen one there personally but a good frind of mine has. I was luck enough to see the Bearded Tits when the snow was on the ground and a Water rail on the "Bittern Pool". It is a pretty special place IMO. :)

Could you clear your pm box your eminence, unable to send message:D

Sadly theme parks don't always survive. What you finish up with are memories, lost jobs, unpaid bills and dereliction as can be seen from an abandoned Chinese theme park in Orlando Florida, Splendid China http://micechat.com/forums/other-theme-parks-destinations/102555-visit-splendid-china-abandoned-amusement-park.html and more close to us, American Adventure http://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/showthread.php?t=4504

Most theme park threads on SF are from people trying to get cut price or free tickets for theme parks, not very good if you run a park and trying to make money

Either explain what you mean or stop trolling.

i think if people from sheffield want to discuss whats happening in areas adjacent to sheffield on their sheffield discussions website that should be allowed and people from rotherham shouldn't be allowed to participate