Cameron Totally Out Of Touch.

First priority is to restore law and order to the streets,whatever is needed,if I was in London and heard that Theresa May was going to ensure this by robust policing and itelligence don't think I would feel assured.

One excellent idea I have for Cameron as a damage limitation strategy is to go into the heart of an affected area like Tottenham with plenty of protection, bring a soapbox to stand on, and address his real concerns about the need to rebuild society to local community members, leaders, etc., just like how John Major did his electoral campaign in the early 90's.

I don't think Smarmy Dave would be on his soapbox for long, somehow! Love to see it though!:hihi:

First priority is to restore law and order to the streets,whatever is needed,if I was in London and heard that Theresa May was going to ensure this by robust policing and itelligence don't think I would feel assured.

Me neither, maybe risk assessment has something to do with it, the police definately look like they're holding back.

Me neither, maybe risk assessment has something to do with it, the police definately look like they're holding back.

Agree with that and feel the police did what they could but it was clear they were totally out numbered.

I would not expect them to go into some of those situations where they were so out numbered and god knows what would have happened if they had.

Thats why radical actions is needed to support them.

Boring! The WHOLE WORLD went in to recession. Oh, yes, blame Labour . . .

no it didn't you plonker.

lets not ignore the fact that you and others like you see this as another opportunity (that will go nowhere) to bash the government all based on nothing other then your what your tiny mind can comprehend.

Top post. What a surprise we have all this aggro when the tories are in power again.

Hmmm, fuel protests, race riots just after Labour came to power.

This isn't a political thing, nor is it any kind of socio-economic thing.

We need to stop tiptoeing around the fact its inner-city black youths looting. There are far more deprived white areas in the UK and there's no trouble there.

Top post. What a surprise we have all this aggro when the tories are in power again.

Yes, here we go again. It was interesting to hear a police spokesman describing the rioters as shallow, criminal and words to this effect - when they look at the bankers, ripping society off, the politicans claiming illegal expenses and some of the Met police taking backhanders, it sounds a bit rich to me saying this.

What example are the instutions of society setting?

Reckless credit expansion was not unique to the UK. It happened in many other economies too. From the early 1980s.

I'm not disputing that point so I do not know why you keep repeating it as an answer to the issue that I raised.

Archived