Cameron Totally Out Of Touch.

Cameron just speaking outside Number 10. Very inflammatory.

He warned that the rioters are ruining their lives. Cameron doesn't get it - they feel their lives are already ruined. If they had any hope or serious prospects they would not be rioting. Thousands of people don't just spontaneously start committing mass criminal acts for no reason.

Rubbish. If that's the case why aren't there riots in every deprived area? I was in North Birkenhead last night - a very run down deprived area. There were white hoodies and chavs on street corners as usual, but they weren't rioting.

This trouble is selective and I'm sorry to point the finger at black communities, but that's where its happening.

Rubbish. If that's the case why aren't there riots in every deprived area? I was in North Birkenhead last night - a very run down deprived area. There were white hoodies and chavs on street corners as usual, but they weren't rioting.

This trouble is selective and I'm sorry to point the finger at black communities, but that's where its happening.

It isn't happening because the people are black and somehow have greater propensity to criminality and violence. I'm not an apologist for what is happening. It is disgusting but to say it is just because people are black is very wrong. That kind of language is just going to make it worse.

If that's the case why aren't there riots in every deprived area?

Because riots aren't nationally orchestrated affairs. I'm not agreeing with the point that it is Cameron's fault, but pointing to a peaceful Birkenhead doesn't disprove it either.

I think the internet-mobile phone era and the transit system of London has helped it spread allover so easily. Even in Tottenham a few days ago the local people were complaining of others coming in from outside to cause trouble. A little organisation and people can rob, riot and ring their mates to give em a lift home.

Yeah I do.

Have we learnt anything? Forget the rivers of blood bit, that last line says it all.

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood". That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come. In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century. Only resolute and urgent action will avert it even now. Whether there will be the public will to demand and obtain that action, I do not know. All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.

Enoch Powell

Mmmmm lets see, the police can't handle the problem with the rioting as there seems to be too many rioters and Cameron is cutting the police forces, that makes good sense. What will they do in future if events like this reoccur, bring in the army? Oh no wait we are fighting in 3 countries and cutting the armed forces personnel. :confused:

Nail on head.

Some people either cant see it or can and are in denial.

Archived