Cameron Totally Out Of Touch.

Have we learnt anything? Forget the rivers of blood bit, that last line says it all.

Powell is very often misquoted. And his quotes misused.

As I see it we have a multi-cultural country. We have done for 50-60 years. Conservative policies in particular are poor at recognising that. The policies are like trying to bang a square peg into a round hole and IMO without fail they always lead to a catastrophic breakdown in social cohesion. That is what we are seeing.

Powell is very often misquoted. And his quotes misused.

Which bit have I miss quoted or miss used ………. People daren’t say it’s mainly black youths even though its plastered all over TV for everyone to see.

All I know is that to see, and not to speak, would be the great betrayal.

How can you see 24/7 news reels and come out with a statement like that.

Because only some black people are causing trouble, not all of them. Secondly, some white people are involved, although I do not dispute that race is an issue.

Thirdly, Enoch Powell was an idiot. Human beings are contentious at heart. Any 'Rivers of Blood' speech will come to fruit in the end. Race isn't an issue when it comes to people causing trouble. We have a whole sea of blood in our past just fighting between ourselves.

more like they're afraid to attack their target because of the colour.

There is some truth in that. If it was 300 Tottenham fans smashing things up they would have had the riot batons out immediately.

Archived