Cameron Totally Out Of Touch.

I never suggested that credit booms were the sole preserve of Labour governments. What I am suggesting is that the reliance upon credit to grow the economy was the underlying reason as to why the banking crisis has hit us so hard. We should have used the money from the credit boom to build a more sustainable economy.

Couple this with the pre-existing budget deficits, pre-banking crisis, it left us with nowhere to go apart from cutting spending; something that the current international situation seems to confirm.

Reckless credit expansion was not unique to the UK. It happened in many other economies too. From the early 1980s.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough I should have made it crystal clear that I meant that it always kicks off with the tories in power when there is an underlying link to poverty. I wasn't talking about race riots or peoples opinions with respect to war since these are different issues.

There isn't an underlying link to poverty in this riot, this is pure thuggery. So your point is moot.

Yep my opinion that both are reality and clearly yours that both are not so; a reality in my eyes and not in yours and you haven't given any evidence to disprove either.

Rioters deliberately targetted stores like Curry's to rob widescreen TV's and gadgets, there's nothing political about robbing yourself a new TV.

At least the Labour chancellors gave the people some good times and attempted to give them more

Of other people's money, yes.

unlike the tories and coalition who are simply take, take, take.

Don't you mean, pay back, pay back, pay back ;)

Labour politicians are human and don't get everything right but I believe their intentions are more honourable than the tories. In short Labour's heart is in the right place and the tories haven't got one and still make the wrong decisions.

How quaint.

There isn't an underlying link to poverty in this riot, this is pure thuggery. So your point is moot.

Rioters deliberately targetted stores like Curry's to rob widescreen TV's and gadgets, there's nothing political about robbing yourself a new TV.

Of other people's money, yes.

Don't you mean, pay back, pay back, pay back ;)

How quaint.

The WHOLE AREA has had spending cuts on community policing. Go figure. How come all this area has kicked off?

Turn on the news and you might see a bunch of thugs who have twittered and facebooked other thugs to come and do a little bit of late night robbing.

Lets take a look at the scene shall we......

"would you like a widescreen steve?"

"Oh, yeah let me just smash tesco's window and grab a trolley"

"No probs..... I will just brick Currys window"

"Awww.... look you got blood all over your shirt"

"...Never mind I will just smash up Debenhams and get a new one"

"Do you think we are making a good political statement by doing this"

".....What's one of those?"

That's the reality of what is happening. When will some of you people get that into your thick skulls. People are being hurt, people's property is being set alight and all you lot can do is bitch about which government caused the recession and talking crap over who is better labour or conservative.

Do you serioiusly think this is the issue here!

Turn on the news and you might see a bunch of thugs who have twittered and facebooked other thugs to come and do a little bit of late night robbing.

Lets take a look at the scene shall we......

"would you like a widescreen steve?"

"Oh, yeah let me just smash tesco's window and grab a trolley"

"No probs..... I will just brick Currys window"

"Awww.... look you got blood all over your shirt"

"...Never mind I will just smash up Debenhams and get a new one"

"Do you think we are making a good political statement by doing this"

".....What's one of those?"

That's the reality of what is happening. When will some of you people get that into your thick skulls. People are being hurt, people's property is being set alight and all you lot can do is bitch about which government caused the recession and talking crap over who is better labour or conservative.

Do you serioiusly think this is the issue here!

YES!! It's tragic what's happening. But what caused this mess? Do you really think we had the same deal under Labour in the noughties??

Why does this happen under the tories?? WHY WHY??

YES!! It's tragic what's happening. But what caused this mess? Do you really think we had the same deal under Labour in the noughties??

Why does this happen under the tories?? WHY WHY??

What mess are you talking about?

The worldwide credit crunch? The tragic shooting of someone in a london suberb? A juice spill on your kitchen counter? Stop taking the pee.

The subject is a riot that is ongoing in London with clearly no agenda and no reasoning. None of the morons involved have any care in the world about the shooting / credit crunch / high interest rates / unemployment figures or banking problems. They are just thugs with an excuse for trouble.

In answer to your rather sad comments.... We had quite a lot of "the same deal" under new labour actually..... we had several marches regarding their going into an illegal war for example.... Protests against Tony Blai and his lapdog Brown during the Iraq Enquiry..... Protests about Gordon's handling of the purse strings, marches and rallys against the liberal attitudes towards immigration and criminal polices..... (I could go on but there is little point).

Stop making out that Protests are a tory thing. They arn't.

More importantly, stop trying to use these events to push your own patetic agenda.

The original post asked if Cameron was out of touch for not coming back sooner during this events. I would say three days in is a good turn around considering. I wonder whether Blair would have done the same. Would have had shot onto the next plane with that stupid grinning tart of his? Or would have have left his deputies to handle it.

What mess are you talking about?

The worldwide credit crunch? The tragic shooting of someone in a london suberb? A juice spill on your kitchen counter? Stop taking the pee.

The subject is a riot that is ongoing in London with clearly no agenda and no reasoning. None of the morons involved have any care in the world about the shooting / credit crunch / high interest rates / unemployment figures or banking problems. They are just thugs with an excuse for trouble.

In answer to your rather sad comments.... We had quite a lot of "the same deal" under new labour actually..... we had several marches regarding their going into an illegal war for example.... Protests against Tony Blai and his lapdog Brown during the Iraq Enquiry..... Protests about Gordon's handling of the purse strings, marches and rallys against the liberal attitudes towards immigration and criminal polices..... (I could go on but there is little point).

Stop making out that Protests are a tory thing. They arn't.

More importantly, stop trying to use these events to push your own patetic agenda.

The original post asked if Cameron was out of touch for not coming back sooner during this events. I would say three days in is a good turn around considering. I wonder whether Blair would have done the same. Would have had shot onto the next plane with that stupid grinning tart of his? Or would have have left his deputies to handle it.

Did any of those descend into chaos?? Like tonight? Have Labour had a 'poll tax' riot? Your mate, Mr Tory Trevor kavanagh is already on record as saying Mr Cameron should have taken leadership and got his butt back quicker, along with his super rich mates. Go google.

Did any of those descend into chaos?? Like tonight? Have Labour had a 'poll tax' riot? Your mate, Mr Tory Trevor kavanagh is already on record as saying Mr Cameron should have taken leadership and got his butt back quicker, along with his super rich mates. Go google.

The fact that this protest decended into chaos is the tories fault how exactly?

The fact the poll tax protest decended into chaos is the tories fault how exactly?

You can allow people the right to protest anything they want unless you want us to turn into a dictatorship.

Labour held the G20 summit not so long ago... remember what happened in the capital then? Was that labour's fault? errm... no it was the mindless thugs. What about all the anti-war protesters causing mayhem was that labour's fault too?

By the way "my mate" (Not!) Mr Kavanagh is nothing more than a journalist giving an his opinion. A journalist for the sun (aka the disgraced news international) - why should I take him saying Cameron should have come back earlier seriously. Its his OPINION. I hardly think he is in a good position to be commenting on what the prime minister should or shouldn't have done.

I didn't vote for him, but I'm sorry the git has had to cut his holiday short. He should have stayed out in the villa he's rented, unlike Boris he doesn't have to come back from his holiday to face the music because he's got an election to fight coming up.

also totally ridiculous he flew out there by Easy Jet (is he coming back same way?) UK PM should fly first-class, doesn't matter if they're an Old Etonian like Cameron, or went to a Salford comprehensive. Absurd.

The fact that this protest decended into chaos is the tories fault how exactly?

The fact the poll tax protest decended into chaos is the tories fault how exactly?

You can allow people the right to protest anything they want unless you want us to turn into a dictatorship.

Labour held the G20 summit not so long ago... remember what happened in the capital then? Was that labour's fault? errm... no it was the mindless thugs. What about all the anti-war protesters causing mayhem was that labour's fault too?

By the way "my mate" (Not!) Mr Kavanagh is nothing more than a journalist giving an his opinion. A journalist for the sun (aka the disgraced news international) - why should I take him saying Cameron should have come back earlier seriously. Its his OPINION. I hardly think he is in a good position to be commenting on what the prime minister should or shouldn't have done.

How old are you!! Serious.

Archived