Is it ok to use more than one venue dresser?

I'm looking at sorting the chair covers etc but there's two companies who have things that I like!! And the prices are cheaper with one for some things and vice versa with others..

Is it ok to have both of them, or would it cause issues on the day with setting up?

I would have thought the best people to ask would be the companies you plan on using. Some might be OK with it, some might not.

The only issue I can think of is who would take responsibility if something went wrong? Would each company blame the other saying that they changed/moved something etc that they shouldn't have. But I suppose as long as it was clear which company was responsible for what before hand you could prevent any problems or at least reduce the chance.

Yeah, happens all the time. Few companies offer everything and they might already worked with each. If parking / unloading is restricted make sure that doesn't turn into a bun fight, same with power supplies as well. If one is relying on another ie a band going through djs speakers tell all concerned, otherwise shouldn't be a problem if both companies are worth their salt.

Check that using two companies won't be dearer than using one though. It often does in my experince so get an all in quote from both for everything before you book two separate ones.

Also, talk with them, tell them whats cheaper elsewhere, and by how much, and why exactly you want to use a different person for some things... They might come down in price ;)

Archived