Ideas to stop wind blowing thru my fencing?

i have fencing and the winds blowing thru it,making it cold to sit outside wondered if anyone had an ideas to stop wind blowing,

i cant grow anything up it due to dogs,

was thinking of threading plastic sheeting thru it??

hes a pic i found like the fencing i have

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=off+line+fencing&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1024&bih=509&tbm=isch&tbnid=IzSUbCVtud4q6M:&imgrefurl=http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_8591664_wooden-privacy-fences-gates.html&docid=gIeyKv__EHvcKM&w=225&h=220&ei=DEpBTu67MMHIhAfShPDQCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=603&vpy=221&dur=273&hovh=176&hovw=180&tx=71&ty=139&page=2&tbnh=167&tbnw=159&start=16&ndsp=9&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:16

That fencing is designed for the wind to blow through - we fitted this type especially because it allows it.

Solid fence stops the wind like a brick wall - and eventually falls over,gets snapped off or blows away.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. (i don't suppose temporary use of a tarpaulin as a windbreak would hurt) It's not as though its a gale force wind today so perhaps a plastic sheet may help over short period.

That fencing is designed for the wind to blow through - we fitted this type especially because it allows it.

Solid fence stops the wind like a brick wall - and eventually falls over,gets snapped off or blows away.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings. (i don't suppose temporary use of a tarpaulin as a windbreak would hurt) It's not as though its a gale force wind today so perhaps a plastic sheet may help over short period.

lol thanks willman!

im nesh i guess have to wear a cardigan then lol

Dogs won't be able to do ivy any damage, but it'll take a couple of years to fill in to the point of being any use

The advantage would be that strong winds would still be able to pass through, but draughty breezes would be filtered

Archived