Leadmill - 25 Years - your fave gigs??

jake

As the Leadmill is celebrating 25 years – thought it’d be interesting to hear people memories on their best gigs there. I went pretty regularly from the mid 80s until the late 90s but very rarely go these days – but a few gigs that stick in my mind…

**Jane Addiction – Early 89

One of the best gigs – I’ve EVER been to (and I’ve been to a lot...) – the band were just on top form and the place was packed.

**French Funk Federation – mid 90s??

Went along after the pub just for the disco and caught the last few songs of this amazing big French funk band – never really heard of them before or since... who were they?? Whoever they were – the crowd wouldn’t let them off stage!

**Jimmy Cliff – Summer 04

Veteran reggae star playing all his hits to the most mixed and smiley crowd you’ll probably ever see.

Death Cult - mid 80's. I'd followed them round the UK and it was great when they finally played the Leadmill, meant I could sleep in my own bed for a change.

But used to have some great nights out there too, lots of well known bands but also not so well known.

Remember watching Xmal Deutschland and I was chuffed to bits to see them mingling with the crowd before and after the show :thumbsup:

Archived