Leadmill - 25 Years - your fave gigs??

jake

Originally posted by ultracynic

Throwing Muses with The Sundays supporting

(only time i have ever seen the bar empty when the support band came on)

Didnt the Pixies support the Throwing Muses at the Leadmill once?

Talking of soon to be famous supports... I can remember Courtney Love's band Hole supporting Mudhoney down there before she was famous. I was helping a friend DJ as I had a bit of sub pop/alt rock stuff, so was down there before the doors opened - and Courtney Love was a right pain - p*ssing everyone off being a real prima dona... so subsequent events have been no real surprise...

The Housemartins back in 1984 when I was just a wee nipper. Went with two of my then teachers so i could stay for the club night after - lol.

And Cast before their first single - hardly anyone there and my mate was obsessed with them and followed them around Liverpool like a lapdog.

Still love the Ledders now. :)

Did anyone go the Beat club reunion? Missed that one.

Originally posted by Chris_Sleeps

I'm so jealous you saw Throwing Muses. :):P

Chris.

Tanya and Lesley were on the dancefloor afterwards. Legends!

That is the only time i have ever seen band members on the dancefloor after playing on stage.

And that Housemartins gig someone mentioned above was my first ever gig!

well seeing as im only 20 ,i havent got that many to choose from but OCS ,Ian Brown ,BRMC 04 or 05 ,The Coral are my choices but ive enjoyed every gig ive seen at that place.You gotta love it.Also isnt it odd leadmill and rock city are 25 this year ? Two famous venues ,both 25. . . .

Archived