Leadmill - 25 Years - your fave gigs??

jake

Originally posted by sharpsinger

1993- 2 til 10 , we supported Sheffield's hot thing of the moment, Various Vegetables, and to this day I joke that the reason they split wasnt going to college, it was realising we'd blown them offstage :heyhey:

Hmmm, there were only ever two bands that blew us of the stage at the leadmill - babes in toyland, and orange deluxe (ex 5:30). And we didn't split because we went to college (in fact only the guitarist made it to college until i went in '96) - we split because we weren't going to get any further and we had stopped enjoying it - simple as!

whoops, i got so defensive about the mighty veg, that i forgot to post my favourites:

mudhoney (91/92 i think) - absolutely bloody brilliant, bowler haircuts, stripey t-shirts, heavy, heavy sound!

monster magnet (91/92 i think) - aided and abetted by mind transformers but they were out of this world without any help from tabs

the muses / sundays gig was pretty good as well actually (thanks for the reminder!)

teenage fanclub (1990) - simply a class act, what you do to me....

Archived