Asda and it's new car parking bays.

brus

Just what is it with the new parking bays that have been painted near the entrance to the Handsworth Asda main doors, Parking for cars with Low or Zero emissions.Just why do they get priority parking the same as disabled and parent children spaces. Do they think that driving a low emission vehicle means they have difficulty walking to the store entrance.

I presume it's Asda's way of doing one very small thing to encourage people to look after the environment.

The response it is getting shows just exactly how much people care about the environment when they're faced with potentially having to walk an extra ten yards.

By the way i have been delving into the ins and outs of Parent Children spaces, it appears that you are classed as a child upto the age of 12 years old, after that age no are no longer a child, (Sourced from Google)

I believe that is the legal definition of "child," but it's of no relevance to the parking spaces in Asda. It's a private car park; you are allowed to park in those spaces if, and only if, you comply with Asda's rules whatever they may be.

Just why do they get priority parking the same as disabled and parent children spaces. Do they think that driving a low emission vehicle means they have difficulty walking to the store entrance.

Acknowledgement of their impaired mental capacity?:hihi:

Asda at Handsworth don't have any Parent and child bays as far as I know, and being a parent of a 12 week old it is a pain in the rear having to find a corner bay on the left hand side of the car as it usually means that the wife has to park next to the road from the side entrance off of the slip road from Handsworth Road onto the Parkway. Parent and child bays should have been a bigger prioraty than adding extra Disabled bays and eco car parking bays.

Roland

Does Asda have the 2 hour parking signs?

According to Jerremy Clarkson, it takes 13 hours to charge an electric Nissan.

Better watch out for the parking tickets :-)

It's 3 hours at Asda, wich is stupid considering that the Handsworth Asda is massive and looking round upstairs as well as downstairs and using the cafe at really busy times could take you over 3 hours.

Roland

It's 3 hours at Asda, wich is stupid considering that the Handsworth Asda is massive and looking round upstairs as well as downstairs and using the cafe at really busy times could take you over 3 hours.

Roland

You can spend over 3 hours in ASDA.

You must have too much time on your hands.

I can have a browse upstairs and do a full shop and be out within an hour.

You can spend over 3 hours in ASDA.

You must have too much time on your hands.

I can have a browse upstairs and do a full shop and be out within an hour.

I don't spend 3 hours in Asda, like to get shopping over and done with ASAP. I had the misfortune of having to go into Asda just before Christmas and must have spent nearly 30mins just queing at quick pay.

Roland

Some of the drivers at Asda need to learn to drive, so it may have been a better idea to make the bays BIGGER so that the stereo-type woman, in her mid 40,s with hair in a bleached blonde bob, with marks and spencer carrier bags in the boot of her Skoda Labia, can park a little easier. This stereo-type woman is based on the loonatics who frequent Asda and put the "Extra Special" range in their trollies to make them look more important than they actually are.

Archived