Asda and it's new car parking bays.

brus

• 2 weeks later...

gutted, out by 1 band...oh well I am happy in the knowledge that I only pay £30 a year for my tax disc...more money to spend in ADSA!! wooo hoooo!

i did park in the low emmisions the other day, befor checking which band I was in - which is on your tax disc!

I also know plenty of men who put the 'weekend' carseats in the car to take advantage of the P&C bays, DURING THE WEEK!!! hang 'em all! lol :-)

Asda at Handsworth don't have any Parent and child bays as far as I know, and being a parent of a 12 week old it is a pain in the rear having to find a corner bay on the left hand side of the car as it usually means that the wife has to park next to the road from the side entrance off of the slip road from Handsworth Road onto the Parkway. Parent and child bays should have been a bigger prioraty than adding extra Disabled bays and eco car parking bays.

Roland

They do, there at the far end of the car park.......

I noticed them earlier, what a load of rubbish! What counts as low emissions? Are they really going to enforce it? What is it about low-emission cars that mean they have to be closer? And surely if these people cared about the environment so much, they'd walk to Asda?! I bet they'll be changed back to normal within 6 months!

While we're on the subject, why are they ALWAYS moving stuff around? I can never find what I'm looking for?

Rant over.

When a mum has to go to the Asda with her little ones, she usually has a multitude of prams and stuff, so its important that she can park easily so her day has a little less stress because she cannot leave the children at home. If you are disabled, its likely that your day is pretty much the same as any other day, yes you may have a disability, but its unlikely that you have raced to the shops straight from work, and then have to race home to do the housework, feed the kids, do the garden etc etc. There is a new bill going through parliament at the moment that will get all the "so called" disabled scroungers off disability perks, which means goodbye to your blue badge which you got because you cant tie your own shoelaces because you are too obese. There are people who deserve their badges, but the amount of jog suit wearing idiots who hold a blue badge, are an insult to hard working, decent tax paying citizens. There will be members who take offence to this, but if the cap fits........:loopy:

People with disabilities may have children, jobs and busy lives too, you have made a big assumption that they don't or can't have any of these things.

And not one of the 4 staff and 1 manager i asked whilst walking around could tell me any details about the spaces

so park where ya like i say :)

Someone I know asked at Customer Services, and the car park apparently belongs to Sheffield Council, so you need to get in touch with them if you have any questions....

It's not that the low emission cars are closer to the entrance, but that the high emission cars are further away. When customers exit the shop they are not then assailed with high octane fumes. And these fumes do not have such an effect when they drift into the shop.

It's a bit like running the gauntlet of smokers when entering a shop or pub, or any other building for that matter.

Archived