Error code #10417 Paypal?

Hi, has anyone got that error code when trying to pay for something on Paypal? I have funds in my bank account so I don't know why it would come up. On the paypal help it says they don't know why this code is coming up and are working on it.

I was able to buy from Ebay yesterday so I'm just a bit concerned because of all the hackings recently. I know it's probably no that but you never know these days.

Hi

Can I ask, is the thing your paying for in a different currency or from a different country?

if so sometimes you can't pay for something if it has a different character in the address/etc.

what you have to do is change the offending non English character.

Hope that makes sense

oh course paypal is rubbish so maybe there is another ramdom problem!!

Hi, has anyone got that error code when trying to pay for something on Paypal? I have funds in my bank account so I don't know why it would come up. On the paypal help it says they don't know why this code is coming up and are working on it.

I was able to buy from Ebay yesterday so I'm just a bit concerned because of all the hackings recently. I know it's probably no that but you never know these days.

Its a paypal glitch i had it too a couple of weeks ago

I just paid through paypal no probs whatsoever

Try the eBay / PayPal discussion boards...

Theres one thread on it here (but not much info really)

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/eBay-and-PayPal/Error-Code-10417-Your-request-could-not-be-processed-at-this/td-p/186550/page/15

I assume its just a random error though, and will probably work in a bit. Their system was probably down (much like when your card gets refused in a shop when you know you have funds)

Archived