Etiquette from parents on days out with kids.

I don't think the OP received anything from the parents. Even if they had paid something towards admission and lunch etc - it's still bang out of order not to offer a thank-you, or maybe bought her a nice bottle of wine.

Hey, Im a 'He'. My boy doesn't want to see his mother so I am effectively a single parent this holiday (but that's another story).

Sierra, you paint a depressing picture. I am pleased the days of big birthday events are behind me now, at least until he hits 18.

auto98uk, I agree. A dinner invite would have floored me! I wouldn't have a clue which wine to bring!

We did have a massive day out though and I'm not too sore today.

Sorry, I have been ambiguous. They had their £20 each that I had said they would need to get in and they had some spending money. I just thought at the very least, a thanks from a parent would have been nice.

Thanks for clearing that up, so its just some kind of acknowledgement from the parents that you are looking for ……. Maybe that will be forthcoming on some other occasion , who knows.

Hey, Im a 'He'. My boy doesn't want to see his mother so I am effectively a single parent this holiday (but that's another story).

Sierra, you paint a depressing picture. I am pleased the days of big birthday events are behind me now, at least until he hits 18.

auto98uk, I agree. A dinner invite would have floored me! I wouldn't have a clue which wine to bring!

We did have a massive day out though and I'm not too sore today.

OOOOPS! Sorry!:hihi:

Thanks! :hihi:

No, it wasn't a big birthday at all. it was my daughter's fifth birthday and we invited a few friends and their children. At the last minute, a neighbor's mother asked to be included. Sure. That morning, she shows up with her son's four kids, explaining that her son and his wife had a babysitter emergency. It's not something I would have done, but some people just don't think.

Just yesterday, I was talking to a friend who's attending a family wedding on Saturday. She mentioned that her mother is planning on showing up at the rehearsal dinner on Friday, just because. Despite NOT being a member of the wedding party and NOT being invited, this woman plans on just showing up. We both thought how awesome it would be if they just refused to let her in. Sadly, these types get away with it because most people don't want to cause a scene, and they will probably scramble around providing a place for her and she'll get a free dinner.

Bloomdido - you have the cheek to talk about manners yet we have observed some of your rude posts elsewhere on this site. Pot and kettle sir. Perhaps you should just do something 'nice' because it is important to your child?

Hey, I have a forum stalker.

Archived