Thanks a bunch Labour.

putting out the message that "home is where the heart is" and traditional family values are outmoded bourgeois nonsense.

Disempowering schools/teachers, police and even parents, making kids totally out of control.

Creating a lazy underclass that have their rents paid for them by the taxpayer and live a charmed life on all sorts of different benefits.

Thanks. Thanks a bunch for the social decay.

putting out the message that "home is where the heart is" and traditional family values are outmoded bourgeois nonsense.

Disempowering schools/teachers, police and even parents.

Creating a lazy underclass that have their rents paid for them by the taxpayer and live a charmed life on all sorts of different benefits.

Naive doesn't begin to describe your views.

Disempowering schools/teachers, police and even parents, making kids totally out of control.

With regards to diempowering teachers, I think you'll find that corporal punishment was abolished under Thatcher.

The large underclass we have today was largely created in the 1979 - 1990 period, when whole swathes of the country were laid to waste.

Oh and by the way if you want to talk about 'family values', try asking Cecil Parkinson, Tim Yeo, Earl of Caithness & Lord Strathclyde - they know all about infedility & single parents. Not that there's anything wrong with single parents - but to listen to their party you'd think there were.

With regards to diempowering teachers, I think you'll find that corporal punishment was abolished under Thatcher.

The large underclass we have today was largely created in the 1979 - 1990 period, when whole swathes of the country were laid to waste.

And now we are on to the second generation, whole families where no one as ever worked,

It was banned by a great many Labour run councils between 1979 and 1987, at which point a Conservative government abolished it nationwide.

There's no way to score political points on this one.

Oh and by the way if you want to talk about 'family values', try asking Cecil Parkinson, Tim Yeo, Earl of Caithness & Lord Strathclyde - they know all about infedility & single parents. Not that there's anything wrong with single parents - but to listen to their party you'd think there were.

I think that this continual 'blame Thatcher for everything' club, requires that the matter receives a little thought. A lot of what she did could have been altered, fine tuned or even scrapped during John Major's 6 year tenure. I can't think of anything that he did, other than his involvement in the Maastricht Treaty, when I think of him. Tony Blair and Gordon Brown had their opportunities, but did nothing, David Cameron has inherited this mess, let us see how he handles it.

recent events go well beyond blaming any political party.

I'd flip it the other way round, the blame lies with all the political parties.

There's no way to score political points on this one.

There is if you don't support any of the corrupt parties, ie. all of them:D.

Archived