Thanks a bunch Labour.

Michael Gore stood out head and shoulders on the Newsnight interview between himself and Harriett Harman.

Not really. He nearly lost the plot. Harman wound him into a near-frenzy. She knew what she was doing.

Sadly, neither of them were right. Neither have any idea how to get us out of it. Harman wants more soft treatment. Gove wants to use the police to crack skulls. Harman thinks too much about it, neglecting issues of law and order. Gove sounded like some kind of proto-fascist. For the good of the country they need to meet in the middle, work together and put plans in place that span multiple parliaments, plans that are still implemented whatever party is in power and not unpicked every time a new government comes in. A big ask but this looks like a 20-30 year project to me. If we are saddled with coalition politics then perhaps the LibDems hold the key to consistent policy across multiple parliaments.

putting out the message that "home is where the heart is" and traditional family values are outmoded bourgeois nonsense.

Disempowering schools/teachers, police and even parents, making kids totally out of control.

Creating a lazy underclass that have their rents paid for them by the taxpayer and live a charmed life on all sorts of different benefits.

Thanks. Thanks a bunch for the social decay.

Insecure little tory boy.

Get lost.

That would imply that you believe there should be no government. Well, in Tottenham at the weekend there was no government and look what happened.

I think that we should have a government & we should have political parties that can form a government. I just don't support any of the current political parties. They're all as bad as each other. All the parties failed to give my constituency a candidate or a party manifesto that I was comfortable voting for for the last few elections. Besides that, Labour could put a tub of lard up for election here & it'd get a 10,000 majority - i'd probably vote for it too, can't be any worse than we've got, but that's not the point.

The social decay started before I was born, both parties are to blame for the state the country is in now.

I listened to Came Ruin and he came across as a bigger fool than even I had taken him for - It's everybodys' fault but his own.

I sat on the bus on the way to work, reading the Metro this morning and I really laughed out loud at some of the letters. You'd think that some of the moronic views expressed in the Metro were submitted by the people who continually post to SF. A fine example of why the Conservatives are the nasty party for nasty people.

I listened to Came Ruin and he came across as a bigger fool than even I had taken him for - It's everybodys' fault but his own.

I sat on the bus on the way to work, reading the Metro this morning and I really laughed out loud at some of the letters. You'd think that some of the moronic views expressed in the Metro were submitted by the people who continually post to SF. A fine example of why the Conservatives are the nasty party for nasty people.

It is like Osborne, according to him none of it is his fault, blame the extra bank holiday, the euro etc but don't blame George Osborne and the tories for the slow increase in manufacturing.:loopy:

Archived