Teaching English Abroad - TEFL Express - is it worth it??

Recently finished their 120 hour advanced TEFL cert, was great value for the price. I had a problem with my login at the start, rectified after a couple of emails. Other than that it went smoothly. I feel I've got the grounding now to enter a classroom full of kids, should be good fun!

Good luck, 33 Flags. If you don't intend to work overseas you may find there is a high demand for TEFL teachers in the UK - particularly in prison education.

The pay isn't bad and the students are rather better behaved (and often better motivated) than year 9. :hihi:

Where do you get your information? I haven't noticed a high demand for TEFL teachers in the UK. Yes, I have looked.

The cheap courses will be enough to get you work with people like 'English first' who tend to be less than fussy. They'll also get you jobs in China where there's a massive demand for native speakers.

Higher paid jobs usually demand a quality qualification.

Worth the spend if you want to make teaching a serious, long term job.

Has anyone ever taken a course through TEFL express?

http://www.teflexpress.co.uk/

I've always quite fancied travelling around India or China but didn't know how exactly i would fund this as i travelled. A friend once told me how she knew someone who taught English in China and really enjoyed it. I've looked into the TEFL qualifications before but never really had the cash to pay for the course.

I've just seen this advertised at a massively reduced rate at £69 instead of £369 usually http://16168726-60ed-11e0-830a-0024e8696030.kgbdeals.co.uk/?id=37825

The deal seems a bit too good to be true ... can anyone share any success stories in relation to these internet based courses and whether you can actually secure work abroad at the end of it?

I already have BA (hons) in Business and Management so from what i can see online about these courses all you need is a degree and a teaching certificate .... ???

A friend of mine has just started working as an English teacher in South Korea.

I can pass on your email to her if you like, you could get some info straight from the horses mouth. Not that shes a horse.

But from certain angles...:suspect:

Anyway, pm me an email and ill pass it on.

The cheap courses are of some use but not much. I started with one to test the water and liked it so I did a good one. It cost at the time but the rewards can be good.

I get 18 times minimum wage so my lifestyle is ......... comfortable.

The maids are a bonus. Saves all that washing dishes and so on.

The simple course will help you get a job with people like EF but the salary with the language mills is usually quite low.

Nobody is impressed:roll:

Archived