Teaching English Abroad - TEFL Express - is it worth it??

Hi everybody,

I took the tefl express course it's absolutely S*** you just have to look at their facebook page, they have sold courses to people who can barely speak English, claiming they can teach English after the course, it is really sad that they send people out into the world of education who are not qualified for anything, claiming they are now certified.

They lied about the accreditation changing it as they have gone along, (cheap and nasty) stealing money from people by lying. I have waited for my certificate for 9 weeks now!

It's really a disappointment that British companies have to resort to conning people in developing countries out of their money in fact it is sick.

If you want the answers to this completely S*** course. Do not make these con artists rich for the sake of others.

I finished mine a week ago, took me 3 and a half months but I did it at last!

I had some problems logging on at the start. They had some kind of server problem but I got that cleared up after a quick call.

$99 it cost me, bargain. They assured me its perfect for use over most of the non-English speaking globe, Asia especially. That's where I'm looking at. 33Flags, How did you find your job?? Any tips? :P

TEFL Express had internships available but I thought that I didn't need so much assistance and would just go and find a job myself. I recommend going to Dave's ESL Cafe, have a look around that site. Other than that just do a google search, there are many job sites for ESL in China. Good luck!

Thanks for the luck, no need to be a naysayer. I know of 3 others that got jobs without a hitch, such is the demand there. It's not a CELTA, it's enough. I'm trying to decide which job to take, I'm not searching for anymore :) Try it sometime, more fun out there than writing posts all day. Or come to think of it, you could do both :)

Archived