Cold calling - please don't do this!

Just need a little rant...

I've received at least 10 cold calls over the past few days all asking for a person who has never lived at my address.

I've asked where the businesses got my number and they told me they've got it from compare websites.

As the name is always the same, and this has started suddenly this week, I can only assume someone (who shall remain nameless) has entered my phone number on one of these websites as a 'dummy' to avoid cold calls.

So all my hard work over the years of avoiding the cold call lists has been ruined and I'm now having to ask all these companies to please remove my number every time they call.

Just a warning, please put a real dummy number in these sites in future!! :(

I regsisterd with TPS a couple of weeks ago. Since the moment I registered, I've had text messages from debt companies coming through, and a call each day from some debt consolidation places... I used to get people like Vodafone or 3 or British gas ringing up, but not these debt things, until I registered with TPS :suspect:

TPS only works for Landlines, not mobiles, it's also volutary, so not all companies ahere to it. However, if you do get a cold caller, and tell them that you're on TPS, even if you aren't, they usually <REMOVED> themselves and hang straight up.

Archived