Pulled my neck. Is it worth bothering a doctor?

It happened in my sleep last night (though i didn't stay asleep for long once it had gone :hihi: ). Of course it is hurting and if i try to turn my head to the left it is agony but, is it worth bothering a doctor with?

As far as i know there is nothing they can do except give me stronger pain killers but the pain isn't a problem most of the time.

Also. How long do these things normally take to get better?

They will just give you Ibrupofen, so just take those if you have some and two paracetamol.

Sound advice, this is the treatment a GP would normally recommend. It usually eases the discomfort in a few days, if it persists then perhaps a visit to your GP would be best.

I haven't taken anything yet. I'm just keeping my head VERY still. I think I'll need something if i want any form of sleep tonight though. I was thinking about going for the copious amounts of alcohol route ;)

Get some painkillers down ya neck. You need to ease the pain so you can relax the muscles. While you're in pain, you'll be tense and the stiffness won't go away.

It happened in my sleep last night (though i didn't stay asleep for long once it had gone :hihi: ). Of course it is hurting and if i try to turn my head to the left it is agony but, is it worth bothering a doctor with?

As far as i know there is nothing they can do except give me stronger pain killers but the pain isn't a problem most of the time.

Also. How long do these things normally take to get better?

BioFreeze usually works for me. Not cheap though.

My neck muscles are shot following several carcrash whiplash incidents.

I've had this before, you don't need to see the doctor unless it's still like it after 2-3 days. Take some fairly strong painkillers, so you are able to move your neck, which will speed your recovery. Should be a lot better after 24 hours.

Yes it is very painful, but usually gets better quickly.

I'm rattling from Paracetomol and Ibuprofen now. I've also got the painful area daubed in Deep Heat. It's helping to some degree. I'm not having a huge amount of trouble turning to the right. It's only when i turn to the left, up or down that it hurts.

It'll soon sort itself out :)

Archived