Pulled my neck. Is it worth bothering a doctor?

I'm rattling from Paracetomol and Ibuprofen now. I've also got the painful area daubed in Deep Heat. It's helping to some degree. I'm not having a huge amount of trouble turning to the right. It's only when i turn to the left, up or down that it hurts.

It'll soon sort itself out :)

Sounds like a pulled muscle. You are doing the right thing, and warmth will help. If no better in a few days see a doctor.

They will just give you Ibrupofen, so just take those if you have some and two paracetamol.

Yep thats all they will prescribe - Ibru and para.

I haven't taken anything yet. I'm just keeping my head VERY still. I think I'll need something if i want any form of sleep tonight though. I was thinking about going for the copious amounts of alcohol route ;)

And keeping your neck still wont help either :shakes: as it will stiffen up you need light movements to start with to keep it going.

You dont think you have slipped a disc in your neck do you?

I woke up one morning thought it was just a stiff neck took the painkillers and after three weeks and it was just getting worse so went to the A&E where the did an X ray and they rushed me in for a scan I had blown a disc in my neck and was hospital for 2 weeks If it continues for more than a week seek medical help

Yep thats all they will prescribe - Ibru and para.

And keeping your neck still wont help either :shakes: as it will stiffen up you need light movements to start with to keep it going.

You dont think you have slipped a disc in your neck do you?

It is definitely a muscle. The pain is along a 6" area from my neck going up the back of my head. I am pretty much sure it is the top of my Trapezius muscle that has somehow pulled. It is already showing signs of getting better. The pain is not as bad as yesterday and i can move my neck around a bit more. The Deep Heat seems to be helping loads :)

I woke up one morning thought it was just a stiff neck took the painkillers and after three weeks and it was just getting worse so went to the A&E where the did an X ray and they rushed me in for a scan I had blown a disc in my neck and was hospital for 2 weeks If it continues for more than a week seek medical help

That sounds far more painful than what i have :o Hope your neck is back to normal now though.

That sounds far more painful than what i have :o Hope your neck is back to normal now though.

I will be in pain for the rest of my life I was lucky the disc blew outwards and not inwards as I would have ended up never walking again I have to take gavapentin for the rest of my life .They did tell me off for not going ty A&E sooner but im not one to trouble anyone and thought it would go away

Glad to hear your neck is getting better though

Archived