And talking of tea

flyer

when on guard duty in Libya the arab Gafeya (watchman)would make his brand of tea by putting in his two cup steel tea pot half full tea almost to the top with sugar and pack it to the top with mint now pour in cold water soaking to the brim on which he put on his little camel dung fire and boil fot half hour the tea came out black and thick served in a little shot glass, at 3 in the morning it sure shot you awake and could still taste hour after

My old fella used to make his own mint tea from home grown mint. He'd take a flask of it to work.

One day two of his work mates decided to help themselves from his flask.

Apparently they thought they'd been set up and after much coughing and spluttering accused my old man of poisoning them.

The Benghazi stove consisted of two steel tubes one inside the other and and closed at one end. The central tube was the chimney and water was poured in between the tubes. It had three legs and a baccy tin was filled wth petrol and lit. Tea was ready in 5 minutes.

I was going on leave from London with a lad from Rotherham who was always trying to be the centre of attention. An old bloke opposite us on the train kept putting a bottle to his mouth so muggins grabbed it and took a drink, the bottle was for spitting in.

I love a good cuppa.

My 3rd favorite type of tea would be the one that you have at your desk at work and have forgotten all about until its stone cold but you then realise that your thirsty and catch site of the majestic cup sat full of yummy tea.

2nd favorite is the one that scolds your mouth first thing in the morning

But the best type of them all is the one from a flask that has spent the whole day being jiggled around in a back pack brewing into something really special, you get to a fantastic spot (like the top of Stanage) and pour yourself a large steaming, well brewed and well deserved cuppa.

Slurp slurp...lovely.

when coming to Canada (65) we had a couple boxs of loose Typoo in our cabin trunk when useing it with local water it came out very strong I can think whatever difference is in the water because the Canadian blend of Tettley came out fine

when coming to Canada (65) we had a couple boxs of loose Typoo in our cabin trunk when useing it with local water it came out very strong I can think whatever difference is in the water because the Canadian blend of Tettley came out fine

Not like the army canteens grey Bromide tea then.:hihi:

and talking of tea I was sitting in Lodge Moor at the age of three around came the little minnie tea pots from which you drank from the spout the tea was stone cold and even at that early age i remember thinking tea is meant thick black and HOT:gag::gag:

Bunny Deakin a hod carrier who lives on the Gleadless Valley used to boil his kippers in the tea urn at a site i worked on at Bramley.

Never forgot the taste!

Archived