Any good choir in sheffield for a beginner

dorothy

I just moved to sheffield three weeks ago.

and I'm living and studying here but not a student from two of uni. in Sheffield. so..

I have no idea to join kind of choirs.

please let me know it.

thank you very much in advance.

dorothy

A lot will depend on the particular type of music you're interested in singing, whether classical, gospel, easy listening etc.

Purple Cats has already been mentioned but St Mary's Church, Bramall Lane is also the rehearsal venue for Sing Live - http://www.singliveuk.com who will be starting rehearsing next month for their next concert at the City Hall.

If none of these are to your taste you could get hold of the Sheffield Telegraph on a Friday and in the Listings there's sometimes a Making Music section where various choirs advertise.

Hope you find the one you want. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Hi there

Was wondering if there are any good choirs around. I've always enjoyed singing and was in churck recently and thought. "I wonder if i could do that, it seems fun"

Can any recommend a place to look.. My closest church is the one near Riverlin, beside the jet petrol station on the hill.

Thanks

James

St Luke's in Lodge Moor was asking for any would-be singers recently for their choir.

I rehearsed with them for a number of weeks and sung during the re-dedication of the church.

Unfortunately, the rehearsals were on a Friday evening which wasn't practical for me. And to be honest, I much prefer to be part of the congregation listening to, rather than being in, the choir.

Archived