Anti-Gay groups working with children.

I'm interviewing soon and - OH MY GOD - the things I can't ask / do / legislate are outrageous!

Just make sure you don't employ any women of child-bearing age. You can't ask if they intend to have children in the near future either. It could cost you. Damn legislation.

I'll second all of that.

I'll also add that no-one seems to be taking notice of the second message in this thread which seems to directly contradict the first. Serial christian bashers might like to read that one.

You accidentally missed the three letters "ity" there.

They just didn't approve of the gays!

Which put them at odds with the law (their "home" was open to the public, therefore they needed to abide by anti-discrimination laws).

Nice people don't discriminate, nor do they use bigoted religious excuses to discriminate nor do they display prejudiced behaviour towards any group, the people you label as nice do all three; they're not nice.

I'm more concerned about folk such as Ian Huntley working with children. The Salvation Army is a well respected organisation, and they are expert in finding missing people, including young folk. Do Muslim and Jewish school teachers constantly bang on about how bad it is to consume pork?

This is IMHO a very daft subject.

I'm more concerned about folk such as Ian Huntley working with children. The Salvation Army is a well respected organisation, and they are expert in finding missing people, including young folk. Do Muslim and Jewish school teachers constantly bang on about how bad it is to consume pork?

This is IMHO a very daft subject.

Well respected by who? I think it is a para military cult.

Muslims and Jews have their own 'rules' about being Gay. Basically, it's not allowed and in some places you can be killed for it.

Well, they seemed perfectly nice and fine to me. They just didn't approve of the gays!

Which part of being gay do people who want to discriminate against homosexuals not approve of I wonder?

Surely it's not just the concept of a man loving another man?

If it's bottom sex that worries people then why not put up a sign saying No Bottom Sex. Then homos and hetros are being treated equally.

The link below makes a good point:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A15847707

Also, I think the title of the thread is a little mis-leading. Maybe a deliberate attempt to cause a bit of tension on here. Well, wouldn't be the first time the OP has done something like this, especially given his stance on religion.

How is it misleading? If you want to join their army, you have to renounce your gayness. That's now welcoming Gays with open arms is it? I presume the rules for Lesbians are the same, "renounce or get lost". Perhaps they offer counselling to help people become straight.

As for the OP, I agree he does have strong views on religion. He also has two children, now in their late-teens who would probably not be able to become Salvationists.

Archived