Anti-Gay groups working with children.

Ok. You said if any minority group are allowed their views/rights, then opposing views should also be legitimate. Just think about that for a minute and get back to me.

I said their views should be respected also.

Mutual respect and not the imposition of ones views on the other party.

It seems we live in crazy times were some opinions clearly have more weight than others.

So, it's clearly ok to have opinions or beliefs, as long as they fit the prescribed paradigm.

Fail to adhere to the "rules" labels you a bigot!

Yes if failure is to think that faggots, dykes, sluts, cripples, pakis and babes can be outside of the paradigm.

There are people who believe that repatriation is ok, that gays can be 'cured' that children like sex with adults. Should they be given weight?

I said their views should be respected also.

Mutual respect and not the imposition of ones views on the other party.

What about the views of the minority?

So, it's clearly ok to have opinions or beliefs, as long as they fit the prescribed paradigm.

No.

Holding those views is fine, so long as you don't discriminate because of them.

Fail to adhere to the "rules" labels you a bigot!

No.

Discriminating against people for no good reason makes you a bigot.

If an homosexual couple can adopt a child other individuals and groups should be able to do as they wish.

Don't you mean "If a homosexual couple can adopt a child other individuals and groups should be able to adopt a child as they wish." ?

Which they can, as long as they are seen fit to do so.

Do you think it is acceptable for the Salvation Army to be responsible for activities for children and young people aged six to eighteen when they have a policy that prohibits people joining them unless they 'renounce' their homosexuality (like in the army)?

I think the whole thing is creepy. I am also concerned that Big Lottery funded programmes are promoting the Salvation Army activities when it is clear that the organisations discriminate against Gay people.

i think the thinking is that they have a whole range of activities that young'ens can take part in that don't necessarily require sexuality to come into it.

Discriminating against people for no good reason makes you a bigot.

Irrelevant. They have a good reason (just because you can't see it).

It seems you're incapable of seeing clearly on this issue. You cannot promote one school of thought that promotes tolerance and deny another.

i think the thinking is that they have a whole range of activities that young'ens can take part in that don't necessarily require sexuality to come into it.

But what if sexuality does come in to it? What is the appropriate response?

"Jesus doesn't like bum sex. Don't do it you freak" or

"It's fine to be gay. There are places you can go to get help and support".

But what if sexuality does come in to it? What is the appropriate response?

"Jesus doesn't like bum sex. Don't do it you freak" or

"It's fine to be gay. There are places you can go to get help and support".

both you and i know the answer to that. and both you and i know that if their 'official' response would be the former they wouldn't be allowed to get within a mile of kids. there are many other organisations whose standing on the matter is similar but they know to be sensitive if they are to survive in our society.

the salvation army does a lot of good work, we can't judge them by what they might do. otherwise we'd have to do it with every other organisation.

what would you suggest be done in this time when cuts etc are digging into youth project and whatnot?

They used to head my way quite often when I was a kid. They would play for a while at the bottom of the Triangle Estate and then give out leaflets. My Mother used to give me copies of Watchtower to read.

Well she didn't get it from the Salvation Army. The Watchtower is a Jehovah's Witness publication.

Archived