Indicators on cars

Surely if this thread is anything to go by, then 100% of people use their indicators perfectly 100% of the time. :)

I have to be honest. I sometimes speed a little, I sometimes make mistakes when driving but I have a feeling I always use indicators! I only passed my test in 2007 though so maybe its because it was drilled into me not so long ago.

I have to be honest. I sometimes speed a little, I sometimes make mistakes when driving but I have a feeling I always use indicators! I only passed my test in 2007 though so maybe its because it was drilled into me not so long ago.

Yeah same. Or possibly I 'think' that I use my indicators at all times. Perhaps it's possible to have lapses, the same way sometimes people forget to turn their indicators off if it hasn't gone off automatically.

Yeah same. Or possibly I 'think' that I use my indicators at all times. Perhaps it's possible to have lapses, the same way sometimes people forget to turn their indicators off if it hasn't gone off automatically.

I've done that twice since buying my new car. Its so embarrassing when you notice - but i'm used to a clucky TICK TICK TICK noise for warning!

If you are a experience driver you will know if there is any car behind you, if there is no car behind you whats the point in indicating to turn left?

Just keeps you in the habit I suppose...it's not exactly the most difficult thing to do is it..

If you are a experience driver you will know if there is any car behind you, if there is no car behind you whats the point in indicating to turn left?

Just keeps you in the habit I suppose...it's not exactly the most difficult thing to do is it..

Like truman said, its not especially necessary but its good to keep you doing it. If you didn't indicate then, i'd imagine its a good starting point to get a bit slack when it comes to indicating in other situations as well. Besides, it involves the movement of what, two fingers?

You might also want to tell those ahead where you intend to go, I guess.

Otherwise, you are correct. If there is no-one to benefit from a signal don't signal.

Like truman said, its not especially necessary but its good to keep you doing it. If you didn't indicate then, i'd imagine its a good starting point to get a bit slack when it comes to indicating in other situations as well. Besides, it involves the movement of what, two fingers?

If signalling for no reason is symptomatic of a driving style that is generally unthinking, unplanned, unsystematic and subliminal/sub-conscious then the whole drive may not be that good after all.

Because there may be some pedestrians, wanting to cross the road, who would appreciate knowing which way you are going.

Archived