Gurkha is disciplined for beheading a Taliban

ok, Q, you win.

Before you posted your dribble, did you read the article?

I must say it takes a certain mindset to decapitate some 1 dead or alive, but it clearly states he had orders to bring back positive ID.

Could you carry a full Afghan fighter on your back while under fire at the same speed as every 1 else running beside you? If so well done, I could not and would end up getting my team shot by slowing them down. There fore it seems a sensible and quick option to remove his head and use that as evidence.

Giving them a taste of their own medicine does seem like the appropriate response. But remember these animals are nut cases, With misguided directions of the koran shoved so far up there arse they are willing to blow them selves up, so I highly doubt the thought of being beheaded will seem anything other than another glorious way to die in Allah's eyes.

Before you posted your dribble, did you read the article?

I must say it takes a certain mindset to decapitate some 1 dead or alive, but it clearly states he had orders to bring back positive ID.

Could you carry a full Afghan fighter on your back while under fire at the same speed as every 1 else running beside you? If so well done, I could not and would end up getting my team shot by slowing them down. There fore it seems a sensible and quick option to remove his head and use that as evidence.

Giving them a taste of their own medicine does seem like the appropriate response. But remember these animals are nut cases, With misguided directions of the koran shoved so far up there arse they are willing to blow them selves up, so I highly doubt the thought of being beheaded will seem anything other than another glorious way to die in Allah's eyes.

yes, sir/ma'am. i did read the article.

my 'dribble' (or did you mean drivel?) still stands.

as for the rest of your post i refer you to my earlier ones as a response.

thank you

The trouble with the arguement "he did it first and that's why I'm doing it to him", which can be heard every day from children in the playground, is that when an outsider looks at the developing situation it's impossible to distinguish one side from the other. I want to be able to make that distinction by seeing my side behaving in a more orderly and principled manner than the savages on the other side. I don't want anyone - especially the enemy - to say "you are no better than the others".

One of the good things about WW2 was that, for the most part, we could claim to have right on our side and we didn't behave like our barbaric enemies. We did not, in general, indulge in illtreatment of POWs like the Japanese or collective punishment of civilians like the Germans, for example. I feel good about that, how about you?

That is what this Gurkha did.

You are missing the point I'm getting accross.

Soldiers are trained, and no matter what the heat of the situation, the gurkha should not have lost his head.

He should have remained calm

Archived