Gurkha is disciplined for beheading a Taliban

Real soldiers demean themselves by doing such things.

Real soldiers get prisoners to make a human pyramid while their mate takes a picture and makes men and boys simulate gay sex. Or do we count real soldiers as the numerous Blackwater employees who aren't covered by the rules of conflict when they shoot innocent civilians?

true.

why was the war lost at home?

liberal media?

did the liberals get more of your mates killed?

Wars are decided by governments. The military are always subservient to the government in any country which claims to be a democracy. If the government say "it's all over...... you're coming back home" then that's what the military does. Richard Nixon as President was also Commander in Chief.

As for the Ghurkha in Afganistan his beheading of the Taleban must have given the Taleban a wealth of propaganda.

Real soldiers get prisoners to make a human pyramid while their mate takes a picture and makes men and boys simulate gay sex. Or do we count real soldiers as the numerous Blackwater employees who aren't covered by the rules of conflict when they shoot innocent civilians?

They were all punished weren't they? Wasn't Lt Calley punished for Mai Lai?

I could understand your point if they never had been.

Every army has it's misfits and idiots

The trouble with the arguement "he did it first and that's why I'm doing it to him", which can be heard every day from children in the playground, is that when an outsider looks at the developing situation it's impossible to distinguish one side from the other. I want to be able to make that distinction by seeing my side behaving in a more orderly and principled manner than the savages on the other side. I don't want anyone - especially the enemy - to say "you are no better than the others".

One of the good things about WW2 was that, for the most part, we could claim to have right on our side and we didn't behave like our barbaric enemies. We did not, in general, indulge in illtreatment of POWs like the Japanese or collective punishment of civilians like the Germans, for example. I feel good about that, how about you?

Never heard of Dresden then. :rolleyes:

Wars are decided by governments. The military are always subservient to the government in any country which claims to be a democracy. If the government say "it's all over...... you're coming back home" then that's what the military does. Richard Nixon as President was also Commander in Chief.

As for the Ghurkha in Afganistan his beheading of the Taleban must have given the Taleban a wealth of propaganda.

Any chance of you spelling Gurkha and Taliban correctly.

As for propaganda I think the Taliban have got all the propaganda they need blowing up schools.

Archived