Will I be able to make a lasagne to be table ready in twenty-four hours?

eurovision

The man of my dreams is coming to dinner tomorrow night and I did not make it to the supermarket before close last night.

Normally I would have the ragú in the slow cooker for twenty-four hours, then layer up the lasagne, then cook, let it cool and then rest for about twelve hours and it cuts perfectly.

How can I get it done without ending up with lasagne soup tomorrow?

Unless you are a complete idtiot then yes! 2 hours and that's on a go slow drinking wine every five minutes.

This one is good.

http://www.waitrose.com/home/recipes/recipe_directory/f/family_lasagne.html

I add more herbs and mushrooms, And in the topping use full fat milk and grate extra parmesan into it and add an egg yoke before pouring over.

:)

Oh my goodness you are cheeky! Ha ha! And Norbert you wrote that as if you are the man of my dreams! Ha ha neeeeeeeeeek "on a go slow drinking wine every five minutes."

But I like to slow cook the ragú! It's got tomato, which is best slow cooked, lamb mince, chicken liver, etc. etc.

People say my lasagne is to die for!

I will go to the supermarket after work so the ragú will be in the slow cooker for 1900. I will slow cook until about 0100, layer up, bake, switch off the oven and leave it inside, put it in the refrigerator in the morning and reheat tomorrow when read to serve.

Does that sound like a plan?

Norbert?

I will go to the supermarket after work so the ragú will be in the slow cooker for 1900.

Does that sound like a plan?

Norbert?

If they're out of jars of Ragu you can equally use Lloyd Grossman or even Dolmio, I'll not notice, I'm only after one thing anyway. See you tomorrow my darling!

Archived