Will I be able to make a lasagne to be table ready in twenty-four hours?

eurovision

I will go to the supermarket after work so the ragú will be in the slow cooker for 1900. I will slow cook until about 0100, layer up, bake, switch off the oven and leave it inside, put it in the refrigerator in the morning and reheat tomorrow when read to serve.

Does that sound like a plan?

Norbert?

:love: Why isn't there a smiley icon for tongue hanging out drooling at the thought of nice food?!

It usually takes me a few hours to make a lasagne, but this also sounds good. Is that how you get it to stay looking layered? Mine always tastes good but lacks a little in the presentation...

Don't have a slow cooker though

I always use Heston Blumenthals recipe for the meat sauce, with half beef and half pork, once you've tried it you won't use any other recipe.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/heston_blumenthal/article706806.ece

Is that how you get it to stay looking layered? Mine always tastes good but lacks a little in the presentation...

If you leave it overnight in the fridge it "solidifies" and keeps it's cut shape.

Cook the sauce in the oven on low.

I miss you darling. Tomorrow cannot come soon enough. :)

In The Star on Friday:

'Penniless coke addict from Barnsley serves day old chicken liver lasagne to potential suitor'

But seriously, have a great evening!

If you leave it overnight in the fridge it "solidifies" and keeps it's cut shape.

Cook the sauce in the oven on low.

Right! I'll try that with the veggie ones too.

I had a tagine for my birthday, I might experiment with that...

:love: Why isn't there a smiley icon for tongue hanging out drooling at the thought of nice food?!

It usually takes me a few hours to make a lasagne, but this also sounds good. Is that how you get it to stay looking layered? Mine always tastes good but lacks a little in the presentation...

Get a slow cooker my dear! You will never look back.

Delia puts her ragú in a casserole on low.

Archived