Would you move if you knew?

I am just curious as to what people think and how many actually would.

If you knew or believed someone had been murdered in a house would you then move your family into that home?

Yes. I would buy and open it to the public and charge an entrance fee and give a guided tour accompanied by a monologue describing the murder in grisly detail.

Ketchup smeared on the wall paper would be an added touch

It wouldn't bother me personally. Its something that happened in the past, not something thats gonna happen again. You make the house a home. Simple as really. If you didn't know about the murder, you wouldn't know any different and you'd move in, so why let history put you off.

People get grisly about people dying in certain rooms; personally, I imagine they'd not feel a thing if they didn't know what had happened...
Actually, we had it the opposite way around

We lived in a house which had a very strange cold spot in one corner - even on bright sunny days when the sun was directly on that spot. When it was actually used as a bedroom the mains wired clock in the overmantle ran backwards, and resumed running forwards when the room was vacated again (my sister's bedroom was in the eaves, and too cold during scottish winters, so she swapped rooms)

Many years later my dad was working in a London airport, and met somebody who it turned out used to live in the bungalow at the back of our house in Glasgow. This person recounted a tale of a really nasty RTA involving the tree across the road from our house, and as a doctor owned our house at the time, this person was carried into our house... and up to this bedroom where we'd experienced the strange coldness... The RTA victim died in that room

My great grandmother has appeared twice since her death, during unpleasant family rifts (the house has only ever belonged to my family)

Several members of my family (and myself) when children were kept company on their sick beds by a lady in strangely old fashioned clothing (probably edwardian). The house belonged to a school teacher who never had children of her own before my grandparents bought it (complete with gas lighting!)

Archived