Newsnight choice of panelist

The panel was rubbish. Nobody outspoken..garbage, especially Prescot and the woman with a bowl of fruit on her head..

i didn't watch it because no matter who the panel were it wouldn't have been an edifying experience.

i don't really understand why the tv channels feel the need to have "special's" after events such as this, they rarely inform or advance the debate.

You have to laugh when people are suggesting they kick people out of social housing. The majority can't even access it, they might sleep on sofas in the council estates, but their names aren't on the rent book!

Prescott, the <REMOVED>, demolished thousands of houses.

What on earth was the point of having that stupid riot-excusing fat mess dressed like a mad parrot on the panel?

No it wasn't the ex deputy prime minister it was Carmen Miranda, I watch hoping that she would sing her great hit "Chica Chica Boom Chic" :thumbsup: the lyrics would have made much more sense than the drivel that she spouted

Is that a crime?

Yes it is, it's a heinous crime. Everybody who lives in West Hampstead, Islington and Kilburn are Guardian readers, (and they probably wear sandals, eat avocados and work in the public sector). They can express their opinions because well they can, but nobody should take them seriously.

The panel should have consisted of Melanie Philipps, Simon Heffer, Richard Littlejohn and Peter Hitchens cos they have all the answers.

I loved Prescott. He is representing the working class.

He was so passionate.

Sorry but the man is a complete clown, he finds it difficult to string a sensible sentence together without making a mistake in it somewhere.

Ships waiter was his trade, just about right for his level of intelligence. The only reason he was made Bliar's understudy was to appeal to the working class voter. After all, half of Bliar's Cabinet Ministers were millionaires, much like the Tory Party.

Regards

Angel.

Dressing up like a 'mad parrot' is her media USP - she always does it.

However, although over-liberal on this issue, to be fair she has tried to do a lot of good via her charities.

There are plenty of people who deserve a slagging more than she does. She gets on my nerves but her good side gets her a pass.

Sorry but the man is a complete clown, he finds it difficult to string a sensible sentence together without making a mistake in it somewhere.

Ships waiter was his trade, just about right for his level of intelligence. The only reason he was made Bliar's understudy was to appeal to the working class voter. After all, half of Bliar's Cabinet Ministers were millionaires, much like the Tory Party.

Regards

Angel.

Your post says more about you than it does of John Prescott.

So what if he was a waiter on a ship? He worked his way up the ranks and became Deputy Prime Minister, he didn't achieve that without having some intelligence. At least he didn't repeat 'how now brown cow' a thousand times before going to bed because he was ashamed of his accent or where he came from.

Much rather that than some boring pedant who demands everything said in fluent English.

Archived