Wedding reception venue help

I'm getting married abroad next June and we need to arrange an evening do for when we get home. There will be about 100 people, nothing too expensive but something decent which will appeal to people who have to travel from other cities. Because of this I'm thinking of something preferably with cheap accommodation nearby. We would just like buffet style food, or hog roast, or pie & peas...something like that! I'm thinking something like a golf clubhouse, or a space that we can put a marquee. I think a hotel venue would be too expensive for drinks. Location wise I would prefer something in south sheffield or the city centre. Any ideas?

Yes I posted about Norton Country Club! It looks nice but there are no recent reviews about it anywhere and the ones I have read (which were from a couple of years ago) were very mixed. It would be an ideal venue, I just prefer to go off previous reviews and there dont seem to be any that help me...

for a venue try The Venue at stocksbridge great transport links 10 mins M1 J35A/36 two great hotels close bye at tankersly .they have two rooms the main room will hold 300 and the steel room easly 100 both rooms are very smart clean and modern ive have been there loads of times with my mobile disco.The building has only been re-opened about 4 years at a cost of over a million pounds.

Sheffield Transport Sports Club at Meadowhead can offer a large function room with it's own private bar, and 18 acres of ground in which we can supply marquee cover. We have a wide range of catering options to suit any budget, and ample free parking. Please ring 0114 2373216 for further details!

I'm getting married at Leopold in town. As far as I am aware they hire out the function room for just evening do's. According to the wedding info I have. Individual hire of the room that holds 100 is £500 and the hot roast pork sarnies with chunky chips are £7.95 a-head (which we are actually having rather than a buffet).

I know it seems alot of money for hire compared to other places but was thinking about your point about accomodation, with it been in town people have lots of choice of cheap hotels nearby!

May also be worth noting they will hire a PA system for you for £50 if you are doing Ipod/laptop dj'ing.

PS-drinks are average 'town' prices. £3.50 for a medium wine, £3.00 for a beer, £5 for a cocktail.

Archived