Well Cameron, this is what you said

He made an excellent speech in parliament yesterday about the situation and how he will be bringing in people from the areas affected to suggest solutions rather than academics in Whitehall.

How many critics actually listened to his and Ed Millibands speeches I wonder.

He made an excellent speech in parliament yesterday about the situation and how he will be bringing in people from the areas affected to suggest solutions rather than academics in Whitehall.

And if they ask for an end to the cuts in services, more police, more money for community groups, more grass roots investment?

What then?

He can make all the speeches he wants, a man is judged by his ACTIONS.

He can make all the speeches he wants, a man is judged by his ACTIONS.

I couldn't agree with you more and await to see his words put into action.

If he doesn't I think it will leave a huge void in the credibility of the major parties which will be filled by who knows which party.

July 2006

David Cameron has defended his call for more understanding of why young people commit crime - and rejected suggestions he wants people to David Cameron has defended his call for more understanding of why young people commit crime - and rejected suggestions he wants people to "hug a hoodie". The Conservative leader said he wanted "to understand what's gone wrong in these children's lives".

The Conservative leader said he wanted "to understand what's gone wrong in these children's lives".

How things has changed, does this confirm that cameron is a Muppet

PRIME MINISTER David Cameron was yesterday on a mission to prove that rioters – not poverty or Government policies – were to blame for the anarchy which has shot through English cities.

He vowed to do “whatever it takes” to restore order to the streets after four days of looting and rioting and told a recalled Parliament that it was “simply preposterous” to attribute the mayhem which has devastated London neighbourhoods to the fatal shooting of Mark Duggan by police.

Well bladesufc1 I can't believe you can be so stupid as to not read what you have cut and pasted. Cameron "rejected suggestions he wants people to hug a hoodie". So why did you place such emphasis on a phrase that he never used?

I'm afraid the title of your thread is at best totally misleading.

when you cut the police force/fire services /nhs and the rest what do you expect ? and when normal people see the rich companies and the rich getting away with paying as little as tax as possible what do you expect ? the people of this country have had enough of being downtrodden its about time the tide turned

And if they ask for an end to the cuts in services, more police, more money for community groups, more grass roots investment?

What then?

Then they will be labelled as a degenerate underclass who should work harder, integrate with the rest of society, submit to the vagaries of private enterprise. And if they don't, if they dare to protest they will be responded to with the threat of rubber bullets, water cannon, punative jail terms and the removal of electronic means of social interaction.

It is but a short road from where Cameron is now to something doesn't look a whole lot unlike the beginnings of fascism.

Like I said before Tory policies are like trying to bang a square into a round hole. They won't change course - they will just hit the peg harder. Just like Labour would. I think the LibDems should be an important mediating and moderating force now - I'll not hold my breath though because their leaders are just too close to Cameron's mindset in so many ways.

Is it any wonder people take to the streets when multi millionnaire bankers almost bring the country to its knees and then the price is paid by the rest of us. When utility companies hike up prices every few months and the government just stands by, wrings its hands in depair and does...nothing.

As a multi millionnaire Cameron has no idea how the rest of us live.

Is the government wringing its hands, or rubbing them? I wonder how many of them are 'advisors', and shareholders for our utility companies....:suspect:

I agree with your sentiment entirely. Supermarkets are also equally as bad as these greedy energy companies, in my opinion.

In Wednesday's letters in the Guardian, Sion Jones, of Swansea, wrote:

"The rioters are only doing to the high street what the bankers did to the country. Unlike the bankers, the rioters will no doubt be held to account."

Archived