New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

I know there is a thread on this but it is over a year since anything was on it, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about when this is supposed to be happening. Have done a search but cannot find any information on it, I would have thought they wanted to get it done ASAP.

God I hope this isn't true?? Asda stinks!! I think I would be able to smell it from where I live too. I will definitely be able to smell the BO and rotting flesh of the people that shop there.

Is there some kind of petition we can sign to stop this happening???

still dont no were you mean at the side of the police station is it the one opposite the collage police station i cant ever reflect a stanly tools ever being there and ive lived up here now for 40yrs still dont no were home decor is

You need Spec savers.

still dont no were you mean at the side of the police station is it the one opposite the collage police station i cant ever reflect a stanly tools ever being there and ive lived up here now for 40yrs still dont no were home decor is

Do you know where it is now? If not get on the bus to the peaks, one that goes past the Hogs Head, when it gets to the end of BSL it will turn right towards the police station, about 100 yards on your left is Home Decor.

Yep, on the retail park, also an Asda petrol station. Gonna be chaos on the main road.

I don't think it will cause chaos, there's no chaos at Morrisons/Halfway, TESCO/Chesterfield or ASDA/Handsworth. No more than before they were built anyhow. Might be a bit fruity when it first opens but I don't think anything more than usual.

I know there is a thread on this but it is over a year since anything was on it, was just wondering if anyone knew anything about when this is supposed to be happening. Have done a search but cannot find any information on it, I would have thought they wanted to get it done ASAP.

wish they would build an IKEA around there as well there is acres of land up there, that would support 4 or 5 big outlets.

they could improve the retail landscape and bring hundreds of jobs to the area i wish they would hurry up and make their minds up. i live in chesterfield and we could well do with an Asda along with Ikea maybe harvey nics bring some big hitters into south yorkshire

• 3 months later...
Asda website says it's opening on 18th Oct according to a friend. They will be advertising the jobs soon.

Care to link us to this page?

I ask because:

a: I can't find it

b: I spoke with Asda House (HQ) and was told there were no official plans.

Care to link us to this page?

I ask because:

a: I can't find it

b: I spoke with Asda House (HQ) and was told there were no official plans.

Don't know how to link. But on the website go down to the bottom of the page to careers. They have a new store section and it mentions mosborourgh opening 14th Oct 2013. Who ever you spoke to doesn't obviously know their job !!