New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

I went yesterday. First the fire alarms went off. Then when I bought some electrical items, kitchen stuff and groceries, we were moved to a till just opening the lad didn't know where the till key was so we had quite a wait, then didn't have a number to operate it and had to ring for one. On the way out the alarm went off and we were asked to produce our receipt and out bags were checked, and it kept going off for other people who just walked on. Then the travelator broke down and we had to queue for the lift. Back to Morrison's me thinks.

I went yesterday. First the fire alarms went off. Then when I bought some electrical items, kitchen stuff and groceries, we were moved to a till just opening the lad didn't know where the till key was so we had quite a wait, then didn't have a number to operate it and had to ring for one. On the way out the alarm went off and we were asked to produce our receipt and out bags were checked, and it kept going off for other people who just walked on. Then the travelator broke down and we had to queue for the lift. Back to Morrison's me thinks.

That would be the Morrisons where the belts kept stopping, the fire alarm went off about three times in 2 weeks and the store was evacuated and some of the credit card pay machines were still on signatures for a month after chip and pin was legislated as the software wouldn't upgrade.

The rotating doors had to be repaired every month for the first year from my experiences.

None of them have been without fault,i suppose it's whether it impacts on you at the time or not.

I went to the Asda yesterday, the shop floor was being run far better than M's currently is and of course stock levels were better.The cafe is smaller but the paninis etc look to be better quality than Handsworth.

I also found the roads ok, i was a bit surprised at allocated parking for electric cars though with charging points.

It reminds me more of Asda Rotherham and the one near Mold than the hyper market at Handsworth.

That would be the Morrisons where the belts kept stopping, the fire alarm went off about three times in 2 weeks and the store was evacuated and some of the credit card pay machines were still on signatures for a month after chip and pin was legislated as the software wouldn't upgrade.

The rotating doors had to be repaired every month for the first year from my experiences.

None of them have been without fault,i suppose it's whether it impacts on you at the time or not.

I went to the Asda yesterday, the shop floor was being run far better than M's currently is and of course stock levels were better.The cafe is smaller but the paninis etc look to be better quality than Handsworth.

I also found the roads ok, i was a bit surprised at allocated parking for electric cars though with charging points.

It reminds me more of Asda Rotherham and the one near Mold than the hyper market at Handsworth.

I was talking about the new Asda. And the travelator as in the one to get to the lower floor, not the belt at checkout

Popped in on my way home today and completely agree with the criticism of the traffic lights. As I was leaving I approached the lights which were on green, I wanted to turn right but 3 cars had already gone the same way and were stuck at the lights just across the road. I had to sit there on a green light until it turned red again, otherwise I would have blocked both lanes.

Then as my lights turned green a car that had come from the left was parked straight in front of me, waiting to turn right which meant I had to drive around it. That possibly could have been someone going through the lights as they were changing though, but people are always going to do that.

I can't imagine what the traffic is going to be like on a Saturday trying to get in and out of there. There was a noticeable amount of extra traffic around Moss Way etc today and that was at 11am on a Wednesday. It's bad enough trying to get out of Birley Spa Lane as it is.

Popped in on my way home today and completely agree with the criticism of the traffic lights. As I was leaving I approached the lights which were on green, I wanted to turn right but 3 cars had already gone the same way and were stuck at the lights just across the road. I had to sit there on a green light until it turned red again, otherwise I would have blocked both lanes.

Those red lights are for traffic approaching from crystal peaks not when you are turning right,it's exactly the same at Handsworth when turning right from Asda to go up to Handsworth..