New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

Those red lights are for traffic approaching from crystal peaks not when you are turning right,it's exactly the same at Handsworth when turning right from Asda to go up to Handsworth..

Yep you're right, I didn't really get the chance to look this morning as I was sat at the other lights due to the queue that had stopped (wrongly) across the road. We called in again this evening and I noticed straight away that the red light wasn't for traffic turning right, but I bet a lot of people don't realise that!

I have done a few shops in there now and am surprised at how good value it is.

Would have paid a third more at Sainsbury's for the same stuff and nice friendly staff as well.

It's been open 3 days, how have you "done a few shops"?

This Asda is very good, prices very competitive!!

I reckon this will be the end of the road for Sainsbury in the CP complex. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out of Crystal Peaks within 2 yrs?

This Asda is very good, prices very competitive!!

I reckon this will be the end of the road for Sainsbury in the CP complex. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull out of Crystal Peaks within 2 yrs?

I think Sainsbury's needs a complete refit, the lighting is too clinical, the departments are split and scattered everywhere, the fixtures are very poor and everything has that low rent feel about it.

I know Asda is brand new but their isles make more sense, have a great looking freezer section with nice lighting and fixtures, departments are in logical orders and stuff is very good value.

I went yesterday. First the fire alarms went off. Then when I bought some electrical items, kitchen stuff and groceries, we were moved to a till just opening the lad didn't know where the till key was so we had quite a wait, then didn't have a number to operate it and had to ring for one. On the way out the alarm went off and we were asked to produce our receipt and out bags were checked, and it kept going off for other people who just walked on. Then the travelator broke down and we had to queue for the lift. Back to Morrison's me thinks.

Morrison's is far better quality but asda is cheaper so depends on the person really.