New Asda now OPEN near Crystal Peaks shopping centre

• 4 weeks later...

Can't see how they are too close. They are separated by a decent distance and I wouldn't bother to travel that far from eckington/killamarsh area.

However it would be much easier if close by. Would have preferred a TESCO store though as have been in Asda stores and they have usually been poor to shop in.

i agree with cookie munch its only 5mins drive from asda on the parkway its not like its going to be built on the other side of sheffield so to have two asda stores with in 5 mins drive is to close ot one another but i do agree there should be a tescos

i agree with cookie munch its only 5mins drive from asda on the parkway its not like its going to be built on the other side of sheffield so to have two asda stores with in 5 mins drive is to close ot one another but i do agree there should be a tescos

if you read all the posts on this thread you will see that asda are to open a new store at the old stanley works next door to the hackenthorpe police station, they are just waiting for the owners of the units to find suitable alternative accomodation before work starts, tesco are still pursuing a new store at halfway next door to morrisons store, they have submitted revised plans to council for approval.