Car finance help?

I need some help...

I have been named on my boyfriends car finance because he got into trouble with the payments so I took the responsibility over to catch it up.

Today I phoned to make a payment, under an agreement made last month to catch up the late payments I was to make one today, and one on 25th. I called up and they tried to make me pay both, to which I said no, refer to the notes and you will see this is not what is agreed (lady on the phone confirmed the agreement on Wednesday of this week) he said no I was to pay both installments right now. I repeated the agreement and he then got rather rude with me so I hung up and re dialled.

Upon redialling got back through to the same guy, he then refused to discuss any further anything on the account with me. I questioned this, and to which I said I am on the account, fully authorised offering you the payment as agreed and you are now refusing to take this payment, to which he replied yes and hung up.....

Where do we stand now as regards the rest of the payments, they know I am paying it because he cannot.... :help:

I've made 3 payments on his behalf so far, and every time they have tried to force me into paying more, been rude to me and darn right horrid. Its pot luck whether I get to speak to this guy or another that actually knows whats going on...

They sound like right donkey holes. As I said put your complaint in writing. Also state that any further attempts to extort additional payments will result in you reporting them to the FSA and FOS (I would probably report them anyway but you must first complain in writing).

jb

This an Hire Purchase Agreement?

You'd have been better giving your b/f the money and him making the payment, rather than signing yourself up as equally liable for the debt.

Write to them if they aren't dealing with your issue though. A member of their staff hanging up on you while you're trying to make a payment is something that will be of interest to them.

Don't do this, especially if you are in arrears.

Why not?

You may be able to re-negociate the finance.

The OP has taken on the finance herself. If she defaults then the finance company can repossess the car. The OP will find it almost impossible to get a loan/mortgage in the future if this happens. Setting up the DD will guarantee that the finance is paid every month.

I would have told him tough and hand the car back.

Archived