Did the Police handle the riots well?

Did the Police handle the first 3 days of the riot well?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did the Police handle the first 3 days of the riot well?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not enough man power
    • Didn't go in hard enough

Don't stop Boris and the Labour party from using the riots to try and prevent police cuts.

LOL, their just scoring points...

When Labour left power, something like over 53% of the working population worked for the government and council... Spending far more than we were making...

The police were in a no win situation. They were faced with roving gangs of looters using guerrilla tactics to target shops etc making it extremely difficult to contain them. Not only that if they had gone in harder with batons and tear gas then people would have been complaining they were too heavy handed.

jb

Spot on jb. People need to ask themselves, would they jump into a crowd when they are grossly outnumbered while under the threat of loosing their job??

Spot on jb. People need to ask themselves, would they jump into a crowd when they are grossly outnumbered while under the threat of loosing their job??

If they're paid to do so, then yes, else your just asking to be blackmailed again in future by restricted services whilst the cities get trashed.

In reality the Police 'Force' had the government and people of the country over a barrel, they didn't do anything until vigilante groups became a mass reality!

And should be encouraged to show that if they fail to do what they're paid to do throughout such mayhem then they're not needed anyway because you, I, and every decent citizen willing to stand up for their community will do it instead.

And should be encouraged to show that if they fail to do what they're paid to do throughout such mayhem then they're not needed anyway because you, I, and every decent citizen willing to stand up for their community will do it instead.

Agreed, I opted in on Sunday morning!

The MET failed miserably for the first three days.

Although I support the men and women doing they're job, I don't support the tactics taken from whoever is dishing out the orders.

Lets take the peaceful protests for example, they were all too happy to give the order to kettle and beat peaceful protesters, yet when there is a riot they stand back and do nothing fearing the backlash caused from any heavy handed tactics that may have been issued (maybe from the rioters themselves, or the nations views).

It makes no sense.

The kettling tactics used for example during the student protests do not work against several highly mobile gangs of looters, each less than a hundred in number, striking several different areas simultaneously, who can then disperse readily when faced with police opposition only to regroup in a different area later.

jb

The kettling tactics used for example during the student protests do not work against several highly mobile gangs of looters, each less than a hundred in number, striking several different areas simultaneously, who can then disperse readily when faced with police opposition only to regroup in a different area later.

jb

Better to catch one than none?

Archived